About Creating a Film Business Plan
Once you’ve got found that terrific script and settled on a director to bring it to life, you need to prepare a film business plan for how you will get the money you need to make the film.
Every potential investor will want to know how you are going to spend the money, and most importantly what the return on investment will be.
This class will explore the essentials you will need to present your project to both industry and private investors.
This class is part of the Producer’s Foundation Certificate class.
What will it cover?
- Choosing and approaching investors
- Structuring a business plan
- Utilising visual aids
- Preparing sales estimates and income streams
- Cash flow
- Profit participation
*The intellectual property rights of this course remain the owner of the tutor
What will you achieve?
By the end of the class, students will have a good understanding of how to put together a film business plan, and how to find and approach potential investors.
How will you be taught?
This class is taught lecture-style with opportunities for students to ask the tutor questions.
Who should attend?
Creating a Film Business Plan is suitable for beginner film producers, as well as those interested in finding out more about the pre-production side of filmmaking.
About the tutor
Elliot Grove is the founder of Raindance Film Festival and the British Independent Film Awards. He has produced over hundreds of short films and also five feature films, including the multi-award-winning The Living and the Dead in 2006. Elliot has written three books which have become industry standards: Raindance Writers’ Lab: Write + Sell the Hot Screenplay, now in its second edition, Raindance Producers’ Lab: Lo-To-No Budget Filmmaking, and 130 Projects to Get You Into Filmmaking. In 2009 he was awarded a PhD for services to film education.
Did you know?
- Raindance members save 20% on this course? You can join online >HERE< and start saving immediately
- This course is FREE for our HND and postgraduate/MA/ students
- This is part of the Producers’ Foundation Certificate
- The Raindance Guarantee: If this course fails to meet your expectations, let us know at the break and we will make a full, 100% no-questions-asked refund
Ask a question