2. To enter the Competition, You should write a short story in 125 words or less.
3. To submit your story enter it into the form >HERE<
4. When submitting your Competition entry, you must provide your name, email address. We will not use it for any other purposes whatsoever. We will not keep this information for longer than is necessary for the operation of the Competition.
5. You may send multiple entries to the Competition.
6. We must receive your entry to the Competition by 11:59 pm BST on April 30th, 2020.
7. Employees or agents of Raindance Film Festival (“RDFF”, “We”) and its group companies, or their family members may not enter the Competition.
Picking the winners
8. The Jury will choose the winning entries (one winner and two runners-up) for the Competition from a long list chosen by screenwriting staff at Raindance.
9. The winning entries will be those from the long list that the Jury considers being the most original, imaginative and interesting.
10. The Jury’s decision will be made on or before May 15, 2020. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Publishing the winning entries
11. The entries will be published on the Raindance website at from May 15 2020, or if RDFF needs to delay this publication for any reason, at a later date.
12. You own the copyright to your Competition entry as its author.
13. By submitting an entry to the Competition, You give RDFF:
a. Permission for your entry to be published on Raindance.org and grant RDFF a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence to republish your Competition entry in electronic format and hard copy for purposes in connection with the Competition;
b. The right to use your name, age and town or city of residence for the sole purpose of identifying You as the author of your entry.
14. Sending in an entry to the Competition means that You accept these Terms and Conditions, which are the rules of the Competition.
15. The winner will receive a £100 gift voucher to Raindance products. Two runners-up will each receive a £50 gift voucher to Raindance products. These can be used for any Raindance course or event until April 30, 2021. Additionally, the winner and two runner-ups will each receive a one year membership to Raindance.
16. The winner and the two runners-up will be notified either by e-mail on or before May 15, 2020.
17. The prizes will be sent to the winner and the two runners-up by RDF by May 31, 2020.
18. The prizes cannot be exchanged or transferred by You and cannot be redeemed by You for cash or any other prizes
Some other rules
19. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
20. We take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
21. Your entry will not be returned to You.
22. No purchase is necessary to enter the Competition.
23. The Promoter of the Competition is Raindance Film Partnership LLP, 10A Craven Street, London WC2N 5PE. Any complaints regarding the Competition should be sent to this address.
24. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of RDFF for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
25. RDFF accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by You as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. RDFF further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to You or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
26. RFF reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of RFF in all matters under its control is final and binding.
27. RFF shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
28. The Competition will be governed by English law.