This year has been a banner year for Raindance. Let us outline the things we feel were highlights:
– Berlinale Live!Ammunition!
– Cannes Film Festival washout
The weather really sucked, but we met dozens of filmmakers and came back with hundreds of DVDs
– Festival submissions closed with a record breaking 4,000 submissions from 43 countries
– We moved to the Raindance Film Centre just off Trafalgar Sqaure
– It was the 20th anniversary of the Raindance Film Festival – record crowds with attendance up nearly 40% from 2011.
– A new intake of Raindance Postgraduate Film Degree students starts studying
– We get a new website – the first new one since 2007. And it is developed and built in-house by resident filmmaker Christian Bell.
– We launch the Online Raindance Postgraduate Film Degree programme with Staffordshire University
– We hosted again the 15th edition of the British Independent Film Awards
– Raindance Toronto move offices to a trendy loft in Toronto’s Film District – a short walk form Toronto’s Pinewood Studios
– We complete the business plan for online distribution
And we have lots new exciting things up our sleeves for 2013.
Hope you have a great holiday.
The Raindance Team