Originally from France, Stéphanie holds a Masters in Business from Audencia Nantes. She began her career in story development at TF1 International and Canal Plus, worked as a story editor on TF1 animated series such as Emmy-nominated Pet Aliens, wrote live-action TV scripts, created a Sci-Fi animated series for Luc Besson’s Europa Corp for Canal Plus: Valerian & Laureline based on the comics. After directing short films in France she moved to Los Angeles to study filmmaking at UCLA, graduated in 2008 then set up a UK-based production company Frenzy Films with fellow UCLA alumnus Sean McConville. In 2014 she wrote, directed and produced her first feature The Quiet Hour starring Dakota Blue Richards and Karl Davies which premiered at Galway Film Fleadh, was nominated for Best British Film at Raindance, Best International Film at Sofia Film Festival, won Best Feature at Kansas City Filmfest, showcased at Newport Beach, premiered on Sky Cinema in the UK, and sold to multiple territories including the U.S. She is currently pre- producing Sean McConville’s upcoming thriller The Last Moon and developing her sophomore film, Ice, a contained science-driven sci-f thriller. Stéphanie’s an alumna of Berlinale Talents and IFP Emerging Narrative in NYC.
Creative areas of interest
Story Development – Elevated Genre Films – Hard, Soft, Speculative and Philosophical Science Fiction in cinema and literature – Science and Technology driven films – Supernatural films – Existential and Psychological Horror – Suspense films – Film Noir – Asian Horror – Investgating S. Freud’s concept of The Uncanny – Manipulation of Time and Space in cinema – Creating strong female protagonists – American independent cinema – Studying filmmaking of: Alfred Hitchcock – Jean-Pierre Melville – Roman Polanski – Ridley Scott – Stanley Kubrick – Peter Weir – David Lynch – Christopher Nolan
- Script development from idea to final draft for short films, feature films, and TV pilots
- Development of TV bibles
- Adapting short stories, novels, and comics for the screen
- Development of animation projects (script and visuals)
- Short filmmaking
- Low-to-no budget film production
- Project packaging (look book, business plans, previsualization, pitch deck)
- Director’s preparation work from mood boards, proof-of-concept short films to story-boards.
- Casting, rehearsal, working with actors and workshopping scenes and scripts with actors