Welcome to the #NoStoppingUs Film challenge, a brand new competition to celebrate the rise of creativity and filmmaking powering through the pandemic! It is time to pull out your creativity folks, get ready to make your masterpiece!
The 3 winning films will screened online with the Raindance Film Festival this Autumn, and the 1st place winner will be featured on paus.tv, the new ad-free streaming platform where independent films can thrive. Instead of monthly subscriptions, adverts or set payments, they empower film fans to give discretionary tips from 30p to over £1000 to their favourite films and filmmakers! What’s more, the filmmakers keep 80% of every tip! Follow Paus on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Sign up for early access to the iOS app (launching soon) at paus.tv/beta
How to Take Part:
First: Shoot a film following all these conditions:
Concept: Create a short film, with the concept that filmmaking will still happen in any situation. We create films with no money, with limited actors and crew, during pandemics, no matter what, filmmakers will still make films! Show us your passions for filmmaking in a 60 second short!
- It can’t be longer than 60 seconds
- It must feature a low angle
- It must include the theme of the persistence of filmmaking!
Second: Post the completed film on Instagram, including @raindancefilmfestival and the hashtag #NoStoppingUs
E.g.: Hey @raindancefilmfestival, here’s my #NoStoppingUs
Submissions close midnight, September 30th, 2020
Our Raindance programmers will choose the winning films. All winners will be notified the first week of October!
The Fine Print
- One entry per person.
- Submissions under 60 seconds will be accepted,
- Submissions over 60 seconds will be ineligible.
- Opening titles and closing credits are included in your runtime.
- Your film screening will be in an off competition strand
- Your film must be made after March 1st, 2020
What you’ll win
- 1st Place: 2x Online Raindance Film Festival 2020+ your #NoStoppingUs film will be screened at the festival + You will be offered to upload your film to paus.TV!
- 2nd Place: 2x online Raindance Film Festival 2020+ your #NoStoppingUs film will be screened at the festival + 1 Raindance Membership
- 3rd place: 2x online Raindance Film Festival 2020+ your #NoStoppingUs film will be screened at the festival + 1 Raindance Membership
Here are some of our last short film winners:
- #SixtySustainableSeconds: Jake Bentley, Phillipe Le Ghost, A Walk In The Park
- #SixtySexySeconds competition: Zipper, Fever, Fabulous
- Valentines short films; Lit, Shadow, heart murmers
And here is a brilliant trailer including the idea of ‘#NoStoppingUs’ that might just inspire you!