Raindance Film Festival continually champions independent film in London. Our challenge in 2018 is to increase access and diversity, to attract wider audiences, and to meet our environmental and sustainability goals. Can you help with this?
What is Raindance?
Raindance Film Festival is the UK’s largest and oldest independent film festival. We celebrated our 25th-anniversary last year – a very significant landmark for an independent film festival.
The festival has run independently for 25 years thanks to our members, private donors, cultural partners and sponsors. Raindance relies on the community of filmmakers and independent film lovers to achieve its mission in 2018.
Our objectives and challenges for 2018
Running a film festival is always a challenge! And – as devastating as it feels to admit – without your support, there is a real risk that we will not be able to keep our 2017 ticket costs and provide access to a wider audience through discounted rates, support for disabled audiences and help underrepresented talent break into the film industry.
Raindance will never cease to support independent film and filmmakers – but all your donations and support will ensure to increase our access to the benefit of British independent film.
Your pledge helps achieve these objectives:
- Keep discounted tickets for under 25s, students, senior citizens, claimants, first responders and carers.
- Support filmmakers from disadvantaged backgrounds to attend the festival
(the 25×25 project in collaboration with the Independent Film Trust – a registered charity)
- Develop a cutting-edge festival app to cut down on paper waste.
- Keep our commemorative catalogue FREE and printed on (more expensive) eco-friendly paper.
- Provide access for audiences with hearing and visual disabilities to festival screenings and seminars
- Keep independent cinema alive in Leicester Square.
Ways you can help Raindance:
Donate and tell your friends! It’s that simple.
Each and every donation, no matter how large or small, is most gratefully received.
Help us achieve our objectives.
Donate – have a look at our perks
Help us spread the word about this vital campaign!