Submissions for the Raindance VRX Market 2017 are now open!
At Raindance, we aim to champion and award extraordinary VR experiences and help new voices and pioneering creators to be discovered. Announced in May 2017, the Raindance VRX Awards will celebrate pioneering VR experiences by independent creators from around the world. We are proud to present the VRX Market, an opportunity for creators to pitch their next big project, during the 2017 Raindance Film Festival (20 September – 1 October).
Executives from the international community of VR will be in attendance, participating in a series of one-to-one meetings, held at a Central London Venue.
20 projects in total will be selected by the Raindance VRX Market Selection Panel, the members of the Panel will be announced in August 2017.
July – Open Call for entries
1 September – Close of submissions
Mid September – Invitations send to selected projects
28 September – Raindance VRX Market
The submission fee is £15. All submissions for Raindance VRX Market are to be paid by credit card, and is non-refundable.
1. The Raindance VRX Market will be held on 28th September within the activities of the 25th edition of the Raindance Film Festival in Central London.
2. Only projects received within the deadline of the 1st of September and which cover all the guidelines will be eligible for revision and selection.
3. The organizing partners have the right to include projects by direct invitation.
4. Raindance Film Festival select the projects to be invited to participate in the VRX Market. The decision taken regarding the selection will be final.
5. All participants of the VRX Market will be required to purchase a VR Summit Pass. Participants who do not purchase a pass will not be permitted to participate in the VRX Market
6. The call for entries will remain open from now until 1 September 2017.
7. The invitation made to each project will remain strictly confidential between the Raindance Film Festival, its partners and the producers or representatives of the project until when the Festival decides to make an official announcement in this regard.
7. The results for the selected projects will be published on the website www.raindance.org/festival.
8. Selected projects must confirm their participation and attendance to the VRX Market. In the case of failing confirmation, their invitation will be automatically cancelled and a runner-up will be selected.
Fill in the electronic registration form found at the following link: Submissions Form, before 1 September 2017.
If a project is selected, this will be the information published on the Raindance Film Festival website.
All registered projects must have the following information in English:
1. General data of the project: Title, country of origin, estimated running time and category (fiction or documentary)
2. Short Synopsis (a maximum of 2 pages in double space Arial 12).
3. Treatment and supporting visuals.
4. Bio’s of key team members
5. Budget and provisional financing plan in Pounds Sterling.
6. Project status and project calendar that includes estimated dates of pre-production, production and post-production, premiere and distribution.
7. Additional information such as received support, commitments, and partnerships.
8. Participants must speak English to participate in the VRX Market.
Selected Projects Details
a. One to one meeting with British and International professionals (producers, film funds, broadcasters, foundations, exhibitors, private investors, tech companies, production companies, brands etc). Each participant will receive a personal agenda of appointments with professionals.
b. The inclusion of the project’s and the participation representative’s information on the Raindance Film Festival website.
c. Promotion of projects and their representatives on partner Magazine VARIETY and all other Press.
How to Upload Supporting Materials
To upload a 360 video file
If you’re uploading a 360 video type of experience, upload a YouTube link to it. Maximum length of submission for a 360 video is 25 minutes.
Create a 360-enabled file with an app:
1. Download 360 Video Metadata for Mac or Windows
2. Install the app
3. Select the video file
4. Select the tick box for “Spherical” and click “Save as”.
5. Name the video
6. Save the file (a new file will be created automatically in the same location as the original)
7. Upload the video to Youtube
8. Wait for the 360-degree effect to process (this may take up to an hour)
For the best results, encode your video at a high resolution and according to YouTube’s advanced specifications. YouTube currently supports 360-degree videos with 24, 25, 30, 48, 50 or 60 frames per second. We recommend uploading 16:9 aspect ratio stitched videos in 4K (3840×2160) resolution.
To upload a VR experience which is not a 360 video (exe files)
Please provide a Dropbox or Google Drive link to your file (or an access code) in the ‘Overview’ section of your submission.
For further information please contact:
VRX Market Manager