Raindance Film Festival 2018 VR and AR Experiences Submission Guidelines
At Raindance, we aim to champion and award extraordinary immersive experiences, and help new voices to be discovered. This year we invite you to submit your 360 film, Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality experiences. These can be developed for a number of headsets, handsets and platforms using various immersive technologies, including:
- Oculus Mobile (Gear VR, Oculus Go)
- Google Daydream
- Oculus Rift
- HTC Vive
- Sony PlayStation VR
- Windows Mixed Reality
- Apple ARKit
- Google ARCore
Raindance VR/AR Experiences Awards categories:
- Best Interactive Narrative VR Experience
- Best Mobile Interactive VR Experience
- Best Cinematic Narrative VR Experience
- Best Documentary VR Experience
- Best Music VR Experience
- Best Animation VR Experience
- Best Branded VR Experience
- Best Sensual VR Experience
- Best Social Impact VR Experience
- Best Sound Design VR Experience
- Best AR Narrative Experience
How to submit
You can submit your experience via filmfreeway.
To upload a 360 video file
If you’re uploading a 360 video type of experience, upload a YouTube link to it. Maximum length of submission for a 360 video is 25 minutes.
Create a 360-enabled file with an app:
- Download 360 Video Metadata for Mac or Windows
- Install the app
- Select the video file
- Select the tick box for “Spherical” and click “Save as”.
- Name the video
- Save the file (a new file will be created automatically in the same location as the original)
- Upload the video to Youtube
- Wait for the 360-degree effect to process (this may take up to an hour)
For the best results, encode your video at a high resolution and according to YouTube’s advanced specifications. YouTube currently supports 360-degree videos with 24, 25, 30, 48, 50 or 60 frames per second. We recommend uploading 16:9 aspect ratio stitched videos in 4K (3840x2160) resolution.
To upload a VR experience which is not a 360 video (exe files)
Please provide a Dropbox or Google Drive link to your file (or an access code) in the ‘Overview’ section of your submission.
For questions or enquiries please contact
Mária Rakušanová, Director of VR and New Media at Raindance