Raindance Film Festival, ICE (Italian Trade Agency), ANICA (Italian National Association of Film and Audiovisual Industry) and MiBACT (Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism), in partnership with Variety, announce the call for entries to the third Co-Production Forum at Raindance, with a focus on Italy. UK independent producers, distribution, production and sales companies are invited to join Raindance on this unique opportunity, to meet and partner with Italian producers and create new co-production business opportunities.
Co-Production Forum Opening Talk: In conversation with Italy
Thursday 21 st September
9.15 am – 9.45 am | Vue West End
Raindance Founder Elliot Grove will briefly join our Italian guests of the day in an onstage talk about why this is
the right time to co-produce with Italy.
9.45 am – 10.15 am | Vue West End
Panel – Co-Production Forum: Focus on Italy
10.15 am -12.15 pm | Vue West End
The Italian System, moderated by Isabel Davis, Head of International at BFI
An overview of the Italian Industry by Roberto Stabile Head of International Department & Events at
The National Funding System by Iole Maria Giannattasio, Coordinator of the research unit – Italian Directorate
General for Cinema – MiBACT
Regional Funds and Services by Stefania Ippoliti President of Italian Films Commissions Association
‘The Roma-Lazio Film Commission and its new co-production fund’ by Tina Bianchi, Roma Lazio Film
‘Co-producing with Italy’ a case study by Melissa Parmenter Revolution Films
‘How to tackle Italy as a co-production partner’ a case study by Sarah Pennacchi, Tico Media
Coffee break and Networking with Panelists
12.15 pm -13.00 pm | Vue West End
Q & A with Panelists, and opportunity to network.
Friday 22 nd September
One-to-one meetings with Italian producers
Timing: 10am – 5pm
1. The Raindance Co-Production Forum: Focus on Italy will be held from 21st to 22nd September within the activities of the 25th edition of the Raindance Film Festival in Central London.
2. Only projects received within the deadline of the 12th of July and which cover all the guidelines will be eligible for revision and selection.
3. Only projects presented by production companies will be considered.
4. All projects received must be feature fiction or documentary projects that have not yet been filmed, that have a finished script and at least 20% of financing in place.
5. The organizing partners have the right to include projects by direct invitation.
6. Raindance Film Festival will screen and select the projects to be invited at the co- production forum. The decision taken regarding the selection will be final.
7. The participation in the Forum is free of charge.
8. The call for entries will remain open from now until July 12th.
9. The invitation made to each project will remain strictly confidential between the Raindance Film Festival, its partners and the producers or representatives of the project until when the Festival decides to make an official announcement in this regard.
10. The results for the selected projects will be published by end of July and published on the websites www.raindancefestival.org.
11. Selected projects must confirm their participation and attendance to the Forum by August 4th, in the case of failing confirmation, their participation will be automatically cancelled and a runner-up will be selected.
12. Once production of the projects is complete, those responsible must include the Raindance Co-production Forum logo in the credits of the definitive copy. This logo will be available on the festival official website.
Fill in the electronic registration form found at the following link: Submissions Form, before July 12th, 2017.
If a project is selected, this will be the information published in both Industry and Co-Production Meeting Catalogues.
All registered projects must have the following information in Italian and English:
1. General data of the project: Title, country of origin, estimated running time and category (fiction or documentary)
2. Short Synopsis (a maximum of 2 pages in double space Arial 12).
3. Treatment (between 8 and 10 pages in double space, mandatory in English and Italian. (A full script will not be accepted as a substitute).
4. Director’s Bio. (350 characters)
5. Producer’s Bio. (350 characters)
6. Budget cover and provisional financing plan in Euros.
7. Project status and project calendar that includes estimated dates of preproduction, production and post-production, premiere and distribution.
8. Additional information such as received support, commitments, and possible national or other foreign co-producers.
9. Participants must speak English.
Selected Projects Details
a. One to one meeting with British and European professionals (producers, film fund representatives, sales agents, script writers, actors, talent agencies etc.) at pitching sessions and they will receive a personal agenda of appointments with professionals.
b. An invite to take part to Live Ammunition! The Raindance signature event, that gives producers the chance to pitch their movie idea directly to a panel of top film executives.
c. The inclusion of the project’s and the participation representative’s information in both the Raindance Co-Production Forum and Industry catalogues.
d. Promotion of projects and their representatives on partner Magazine VARIETY
e. Two Industry Accreditations per project. The representatives of each Project must be its director-producer. Only two representatives per project.
f. Reimbursement of up to 700 € to cover travel expenses and 3-night stay in London from 20th-22nd September 2017 (breakfast included) in one of the Festival’s hotels for one delegate per project. The payment will be granted only upon reception of documentation (i.e. Festival Badge, flight tickets, hotel reservation) proving attendance to the festival.
For further information write to
Raindance Film Festival
ITA (Italian Trade Agency)
For further information about the reimbursement write to
For more information click here.