At a glance
- Welcome to Raindance Lockdown Sessions
- Enjoy professional film education wherever you are
- An hour of relevant and practical advice from an industry professional
- Ask questions and get instant response
Characters like Jack Torrance in The Shining or Melvin in As Good as It Gets are endlessly compelling. Behind the great performances, the writing gets beyond the archetypes and draws complex characters with clear motivations and actions. Here is your chance to write this kind of fascinating film characters yourself.
What you will learn
- How to write characters with depression, suicide, (pathological) grief, self-harm and addictions
- How to get inside their head without losing your mind
- How to write characters with psychological disorders with strong actions and motivations
About the Tutor
Viktoria Szemeredy is an award-wining writer and director based in Budapest, Hungary, and an alumni of the Raindance MA in Filmmaking. Her credits include the short films Butterfly Daughter, Metaphorms, and the upcoming U Up? She previously was an emergency doctor for ten years, and a psychotherapist for ten years before changing lanes with the Raindance MA and becoming a filmmaker.