Editing is the art, technique, and practice of assembling shots into a coherent sequence. The purpose of every cut is to collapse time and to eliminate the unnecessary details to rightly convey what the subject is doing in the scene.
What will it cover?
Editing Foundation certificate is designed to equip new filmmakers as well as budding visual storytellers with the skills, knowledge, and tools to make them better in their content creation process.
- Introduction to editing
- Types of editing
- Rules in editing
- Purpose and types of transition
Premier Pro Foundation
- Introduction to non-linear editing using adobe premiere
- Creating a rough cut according to a music tempo
Effects, Transitions, and Sound Design Basics
- Effects and transitions essential
- Creating cinematic edits using b-rolls with variable frame rates and speed ramps
- Sound Design Fundamentals
Introduction to Color Grading Using Davinci Resolve
- Color Correction and Color Grading Fundamentals using Davinci Resolve
Titling and Infographics Basics
- Titling and Info-graphics Basics
- Pro-tips to speed up your editing process and quickly lock your final cut
- Content delivery for various media platforms
What will you achieve?
Students will work through various editing processes using industry-standard tools and best practice.
How will you be taught?
A mix of lecture-style, demonstration, and practical instruction with tutor guidance.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for those who wish to edit any type of video content such as short films, television commercials, music videos, social media content, etc.
Ask a question about film school at Raindance Dubai or sign up for the course