At a glance
- Discover how to create VFX
- Learn about the post production workflow
- Taught by professional filmmakers
Visual effect (VFX) is the integration of videos and the moving images created from the computer, to create environments that look realistic, but would be dangerous, expensive, impractical, or impossible to capture in actual life. Visual effects using computers have recently become accessible to the independent filmmaker with introducing affordable and user-friendly animation and compositing software. Visual effects are often integral to a movie’s story and appeal. Although more visual effects work is completed after the shoot, it must be carefully planned during the scripting and the execution stage.
What will it cover?
An introduction to the VFX pipeline
It guides students towards how a project involving visual effects is conceived from start to finish.
- An introduction to the VFX pipeline
- Pre-production process involved in the visual effects intensive show
Cinematography for VFX
Introduction to cinematography for VFX.
- Methods involved in shooting a green/blue screen
Software and tools used for the VFX production
Understanding the visual effects postproduction pipeline.
- An introduction to industry-standard tools and software used in the visual effects process
VFX for low budget production
Visual effects for low-budget independent filmmakers using adobe applications.
- Matte painting, concept art
- Preparing footage for visual effects
- Introduction to visual effects concepts like background removals, tracking and camera matchmove, camera projection
3D-content creations pipeline
The methods involved in 3d-content creation and its seamless integration into your videos.
- Introduction to modeling, texturing, animation, rigging, dynamics, lighting, and rendering
- How game engines like unity and unreal are revolutionizing virtual production
- Multi-pass compositing
What will you achieve?
Upon completion of the VFX foundation, students will have a better understanding of executing a visual effect shot and will know the ways to save their budget and time in the post-production process.
How will you be taught?
A mix of lecture-style, demonstration, and practical instruction with tutor guidance.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for those who wish to know the processes involved into integrating computer-generated images to their videos. The VFX foundation certificate and additional knowledge on related streams facilitate the students to accrue several additional skill sets to take up job roles such as a digital compositor, motion graphics artist, 3d-generalist, cinematographer, matchmoving artist, roto-prep artist, and more.