At a glance
- Learn how to come up with your script’s concept
- Find out how to write your film’s pitch
- Identify your screenplay’s themes
What you will learn
- How to identify a solid concept within your screenwork
- How to identify a unifying, universal, and personal theme within your screen work
- How to develop your concept and theme into your pitch
- How to think like a producer when evaluating your screen work
About the Tutor
Rick has been the Programme Director of the Raindance Postgraduate Degree since January 2018. He is a Cambridge-based screenwriter, story design consultant, lecturer and mentor.
Since attaining an MA Screenwriting & Research qualification from the London College of Communication in 2001, he has storylined for ‘Family Affairs’ (Talkback Thames/Channel 5), developed projects for Hewland International and Frenzy Films, written a slate of short films and spec features, mentored on First Light, Media Box and BFI projects and written and developed feature screenplays for EON Productions.
He has been trained by the UK Film Council to devise, develop and deliver industry-standard courses on screenwriting and cross-platform story design, and he lectures regularly on various aspects of the writing process
Rick is currently adapting one of his screenplays, Shadowplay, into a six-part serial for TV, and writing and developing a web-based Thriller, Heretic[s].