At a glance
- Welcome to Raindance Lockdown Sessions
- Enjoy professional film education wherever you are
- An hour of relevant and practical advice from an industry professional
Who it’s for
- Filmmakers, writers, directors, wanting to discover how improv can feed their creativity.
- Creatives in need of relaxation and a laugh.
- Anyone wanting to take a break from these manic times.
What you’ll learn
- The basics of improv
- How to feed your creativity from improvisation techniques
- How to relax and optimise your creative time
About the Tutor
Brian G. Smith is an Award-winning film-maker, educator, alumnus of The Second City, Creative Producer at youandmedia.com, and a Dad. He is also an actor, writer, director and producer known for Sprout This! (2008), Chère. (2010) and Dave Foley & Fans (2008).
Brian Teaches at Annex Improv, a weekly course that uses theatre games to improve skills in the areas of i) presentational speaking & listening ii) creative problem solving and iii) effective teamwork. And students have a gas while succeeding at it!
Brian has carefully developed this Improv program as a guest lecturer at the Rotman School at U of T, Schulich at York, and at many blue-chip company team building events across Ontario. As the Creative Director at PowerPoint Improv he is known as a laugh-therapist.
For 22 years Brian G. Smith has also been the Creative Producer of You and Media, which includes livestreaming video services, film making, web series production, Comedy Video writing & production, live entertainment, murder mystery comedy dinner shows, and Improv ‘teambuilding’ workshops.
“Over the last few years, I’ve had the pleasure of studying improvisation under Brian’s tutelage and have found him to be an inventive and engaged instructor who challenges his students to stretch out of their comfort zones and explore those exhilarating recesses of our personalities and skills where truly amazing things happen.”
- Randall C. Willis