At a glance
- Discover why self branding for scriptwriters & creatives is vital, and why personal storytelling is just as important as the stories you write
- Learn how to brand yourself online and offline
- Tips on how to avoid destroying your personal brand
About the course
We all understand the importance of a company having a strong brand, but what if WE are the ones trying to sell something? How does a scriptwriter, or any other creative individual, formulate a memorable and authentic brand for themselves?
In a world full of artists trying to get noticed, decision makers need to connect not just with your work but with you. People buy people – so how do you show who you truly are?
SELF BRANDING FOR SCRIPTWRITERS & CREATIVES will teach you how to be seen and understood, both online and offline. Discover how to tell your story, not just through your work but through every form of communication.
What you will learn:
Storytelling in business is a big buzzword right now – but what does it actually mean? How do you tell your story?
On this course you will learn:
- The importance of having a personal brand
- Why people buy people
- How to define your own brand values
- How to communicate your brand both online and offline`
- Understand the importance of continuity and authenticity
- Study successful case studies…and see where other have gone wrong
Who should attend?
Scriptwriters, of course, but also authors, illustrators, directors, and anyone else who knows how to tell a story but doesn’t realise they must also be telling their own story at all times.
About the course
1.What is self-branding, and why do you need it?
We are all storytellers, but are you telling your story correctly? In a time where we are all in the public eye, it’s important to promote ourselves consistently, accurately and with relevance. Learn how to sell yourself as well as your work with integrity and longevity.
Thursday 7th January 19:00 – 21:00 UK Time
- What is self-branding?
- What’s the difference between selling yourself and selling your work?
- Why people buy people, and why scriptwriters and creatives need a brand/point of differentiation
- Dropping the fear of self-promotion
- How to remain private while building your brand
What is Self-branding can be booked on it’s own for £29.99 [Members discounts apply]
2. Discover your own brand values
It’s important to ensure that you and your work have a strong brand presence – but do you know who you are? Do you know how you want to be perceived? On this course you will be looking at your own communication and seeing how to ensure that everything you do reflects your brand values successfully.
Tuesday 12th January 19:00 – 21:00 UK Time
- Who are you? And how do you want to be perceived?
- Your three key words and how they define you
- Are you who you think you are?
- Case studies & discussion
Discover Your Own brand Values can be booked on it’s own for £29.99 (Members discounts apply)
3. How to curate your social media
It’s all very well to have an online presence, but do you know how to use each platform effectively and successfully? And once you have a strong brand presence, how do you then intend to continue that through your offline events and appearances? This course will explain how you can tell your story in everything you do.
Thursday 14th January 19:00 – 21:00 UK Time
- Transferring your branding to your online persona
- Using the right platforms for what you are trying to achieve
- How to communicate your brand effectively in everything you say and do
- Taking it off-line. Through-the-line storytelling.
How to Curate Your Own Social Media can be booked on it’s own for £29.99 (Members Discounts Apply)
4. How to avoid damaging your brand
Having a strong brand is not enough if you aren’t consistent…and if you don’t look after it. In this short course we will be looking at success stories, as well as case studies of those who have ruined their hard-earned brand. Learn how to avoid that happening to you!
Tuesday 19h January 19:00 – 21:00 UK Time
- How it can all go wrong…and how to avoid that happening to you.
- First impressions count
- Importance of authenticity and continuity
- Discussion of case studies
How To Avoid damaging Your Brand can be booked on it’s own for £29.99 (Members discounts apply)
About the tutor
N J Simmonds is a fiction author, comic book writer and lecturer on self-branding, storytelling and marketing. Natali began her career in marketing working for various agencies in London representing brands such as Nike, Sugar Puffs, Vue cinema and The Savoy. She also spent some time working for Cosmopolitan magazine (among other glossies).
In 2010 she created her own marketing consultancy, Rebel, guiding and advising businesses and creative individuals in the UK, Spain and the Netherlands on corporate storytelling and branding. In 2015 she co-founded The Glass House online women’s magazine where she contributed over 200 articles, then in 2017 her debut novel The Path Keeper was published.
Since then Natali regularly lectures on storytelling at schools across Europe, at The Hague University of Applied Sciences and at various business events. To date she has had four books published (including a series under the pen name Caedis Knight), has written a 12-part comic for Big Bang! Manga, and is working on more books and her first screenplay.
Natali is also available for private consultations.