Motion Graphic offers a whole new medium for expression and creativity by integrating graphic design, animations, and audio to communicate complex ideas visually in a more compelling way.
What will it cover?
Introduction to Motion Design
The module emphasis developing an understanding and awareness of the process involved in motion design animation.
- Intro to motion design
- Principles of motion design
- Types of motion design
- Industrial standard tools and technique
- Importance of voiceover and sound-effects in deciding the tempo of animation
- Graphic designing fundamentals
- Intro to traditional cell animation
Express your information visually using design language for triggering your creativity and imagination.
- Rules of composition
- A brief walkthrough on creating vector artwork
- Typography in design
- Colour theory basics
After Effects Foundation
Introducing the core concepts and techniques used in creating motion graphics.
- Introduction to shape layers
- The art of keyframe animation
- Creating a short animation utilizing the principles of motion design.
3D Content Creation Basics
An introduction to 3D content creation.
- A walkthrough of the Pipeline involved in 3D-Content creation such as NURBS and Polygonal Modelling, Texturing, Animation, Rigging, Dynamics, Lighting, and Rendering
- Creating and animating 3D artwork
Compositing and Audio Fundamentals
Combining 3D objects, text, audio, and other graphic elements into a motion design video.
- A brief intro into 3D compositing for motion graphics artists
- Kinetic typography techniques in After Effect
- Integrating audio into animations
- Delivering your finished motion design artwork into variable formats for multiple social media platforms
What will you achieve?
Students will work through a professional motion design process using industry-standard tools and learn the best practice.
How will you be taught?
A mix of lecture-style, demonstration, and practical instruction with tutor guidance.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for those who wish to create animated digital content to better narrate their ideas.