About Moneyball for Film Investors
Who Should Attend Moneyball for Investors
Producers who want to make sure they’re up to speed with the latest research when forecasting revenues.
What will you learn from Moneyball for Investors
- Art versus Commerce films
- How Hollywood studios assess their projects
- How to evaluate the screenplay
- Whether some types of characters are more popular than others
- Whether cast and crew can really make or break the film
- How production factors impact ticket sales
- How the distribution deal and release window contribute towards ticket sales
- The relationship between critics, awards, buzz and the box office
- AI and the future of box office forecasting
How will you be taught
About the Tutor
Kira-Anne Pelican is a script consultant, a researcher and a lecturer in screenwriting. She has 25 years of experience working in the British, American and Chinese film and TV industries. She is widely credited with developing Deep Characterisation as a storytelling tool.
She began her career assisting director Stanley Kubrick in the production of Eyes Wide Shut (1999). Next followed a stint working within the BBC’s groundbreaking Virtual Studios department. Then Kira-Anne took posts as a Visual Effects Technical Director and VFX Producer for ESC Entertainment, a Warner Bros company. She also worked in the production of The Matrix Revolutions (2003), The Matrix Reloaded (2003), Catwoman (2004) and The Ladykillers(2004),
Kira-Anne retrained in screenwriting at UCLA. She wrote two original TV series which were optioned and developed by the BBC and ITV, before founding filmscribe.co.uk, her screenplay consultancy, in 2006. Since then Kira-Anne has worked with hundreds of writers and producers across the world and specialises in character development, transnational story consultancy and box office forecasting.
In 2017, Kira-Anne was awarded a PhD for her research into forecasting a film’s box office from its narrative using deep data and the psychological tools she has developed for her deep Characterisation Workshop.
Raindance is thrilled and honoured to be presenting Moneyball for Investors in London.
Did you know?
Raindance members save 20% on this course? You can join online >HERE< and start saving immediately