Raindance New York, in association with Command Performance Productions, is proud to present a unique opportunity to catch the award-winning Writer, Director and Producer Jim Jermanok in London for his highly acclaimed workshop MAKING YOUR PROJECTS HAPPEN!
About this course
MAKING YOUR PROJECTS HAPPEN!: Successful Film/TV Producing and Financing is an acclaimed, intense and empowering professional 5-hour workshop geared toward producers, investors, filmmakers, directors, key crew, screenwriters, editors, journalists, actors and other aspiring, working and successful creative professionals who want to produce films, TV and web series.
This is an insider’s no-bull, no fluff presentation of the current film, TV and New Media business.
In this day and age, it is a well known fact that to work professionally as an actor, writer, director and producer in any aspect of film, TV and media, you need to create your own opportunities and make your own projects.This workshop is for those in the business and those who want to enter the business. It is based on 30 years of experience and analysis of the qualities and traits that successful film/TV creators/producers share.
MAKING YOUR PROJECTS HAPPEN!: Successful Film/TV Producing and Financing is extremely empowering (if not life-transforming) bottom-line and nuts-and-bolts. No fluff. You will be taking 20-30 pages of notes! Presented by the author of the recent bestseller: BEYOND THE CRAFT: What You Need to Know to Make A Living Creatively published in 2017.
This course will cover the following:
- Selecting and researching the right script
- Literary gold mining
- Distinguishing yourself and your projects
- Creating superb promotional materials
- Pitching yourself and your projects
- Where the Film/TV financing comes from
- How to find, approach, research and convince investors
- How to produce or invest in film, television and new media
- The reality behind producing reality shows
- What you need to know about domestic and international tax incentives and other soft money
- Film/TV Producing advantages of holding a foreign passport
- Current status of the independent film industry
- What genres/budget ranges are working now
- Effective networking and an easy networking system
- Art of the schmooze
- Assembling a team whose sum is greater than it’s parts
- Overcoming creative career self-sabotage
- Understanding and succeeding with agents and managers
- How to take advantage of the boom of fictional TV series
- Branding your film/TV show
- Social Media Marketing for producers
- Making it happen on your own!
Who Should Attend?
All aspiring, working and successful creative professionals: actors, writers, directors, producers, filmmakers, and crew. Anyone trying to understand how to be more proactive and get to the next level of their careers. Anyone who are striving to achieve a better income and great authentic success.
About Our Guest Speaker Jim Jermanok
“Few people are in a better position than Jim Jermanok, who has done it all, to guide the novice and even the experienced practitioner.”
– STEPHEN FRY, Actor, Writer, Director
Jim Jermanok is an award-winning writer, director, producer author and speaker based in NY. He is currently directing and producing a feature documentary about the life and art of Oscar-winning actor Martin Landau featuring interviews by Chris Rock, Diane Ladd, Jon Voight, Woody Allen and Ellen Burstyn. Mr. Jermanok wrote and produced the highly acclaimed romantic comedy, “Passionada,” which was released by Columbia Tri Star in over 150 countries.
His film “Em”won the Grand Jury Prize at the Seattle International Film Festival and the Criterion International Inspiration Award. It was released by Vanguard Cinema and SnagFilms. Jim Jermanok recently wrote and directed “Homophonia,” a political comedy film on gay marriage which has appeared at over 50 film festivals while winning several of them.
Also active in TV and New Media, Jim Jermanok’s new web series “LIFEADVICE.TV” has drawn tremendous praise since going live globally in November, 2015. Mr. Jermanok is a former ICM Agent who represented Arthur Miller, Shirley MacLaine, John Chancellor, Ben Kingsley, Dudley Moore, Helen Hayes, Alan Arkin and General H. Norman Schwarzkopf, among others. Jim also speaks and has conducted over 300 workshops worldwide on the subject of his 2017 bestseller, BEYOND THE CRAFT: What You Need to Know to Make A Living Creatively!– http://amzn.to/2hmx6YQ , Making Your Projects Happen!: Successful Film/TV Producing and Financing as well as The Art and Business of Screenwriting.
Here is a recent Jim Jermanok Producing article from IndieWire, America’s top independent film website: