At a glance
- Welcome to Raindance Lockdown Sessions
- Enjoy professional film education wherever you are
- An hour of relevant and practical advice from an industry professional
- Ask questions and get instant response
Session 3 of the 5 part Filmmakers’ Legal Lockdown Series
Book all 5 sessions HERE
What you will learn
Session 3- Directors’ agreements – Thursday 28 May, 19:00 – 20:00 UK Time
- Director’s commitment: first call
- Director as the author of copyright in a film: moral rights
- Payment provisions: pay-or-play; back-end participation
- Director’s obligations; script, casting, budgeting, on-set, post
- Standard contractual provisions
About the course
Each lecture will focus on one of the important areas where legal issues need to be clearly understood by filmmakers.
Each segment is one hour long and presented on Zoom software. You will need WiFi to join the class.
Who Should Attend?
Those planning and/or engaging in the development and production of films, programmes and other audio-visual works – producers, financiers, directors, writers, composers – in fact anyone interested in the practical realities of filmmaking.
About Tony Morris
Tony Morris has more than 40 years’ experience as a lawyer working across the media, entertainment and technology industries. His main focus is clients operating in the film, television and music industries – not only in the UK but also in the USA, Europe and elsewhere.
Tony has been lecturing regularly since 1997, most recently and currently as the provider of the legal module for the Raindance course for Independent Film Producers, as a guest lecturer at the National Film and Television School and at the University of Portsmouth.
Tony has published dozens of articles and commentaries on a wide range of media and entertainment legal topics in the industry and national press and has appeared as a commentator on both radio and television. He is the author of ‘The Filmmakers’ Legal Guide’ now in its second edition.
Ask a legal question to Tony Morris
This form will be sent straight to Tony Morris. Please detail your question and click SEND!