About the Independent Filmmaking Course
Making films can be expensive. Especially when you have a huge crew and multiple locations involved. But what if you had few simple rules to follow that allowed you to stay in budget and keep the essence of your movie intact? New technology means it has never been cheaper to make a movie if you know the insider tips and secrets that will allow you to maximize your budget and put value for money on the screen.
What it will cover
Session 1: Getting Everything in Order
To break the rules of filmmaking you need to learn the fundamentals of the craft first. This first session will give you an in-depth look at the world of cinema and what is expected from filmmakers.
- Rules of micro-budget filmmaking
- Choosing your budget
- Limiting your locations and days
- Where to source your finances
- Screenwriting 101
- Pitching your film to producers and crew
- Building confidence as a director
- The right places to film in Dubai for little or no budget
Session 2: The Shoot
Once you have your cast and crew assembled, managing the actual shoot is a logistical and creative challenge. Learn how everything you do at this stage will have a ripple effect on the very last step of your film.
- Choosing the right camera
- Audio on set
- Essential crew
- Guerilla filmmaking explained
- Set design on a budget
- Vendors in Dubai with access to sets
- Working with production houses in media hubs around UAE
- Casting actors
- Working with actors and rehearsals
- Typical low budget genres
Session 3: Post-Production
Now that the craziness of the shoot is over, a filmmaker can settle into the editing and post-production process.
- The role of the editor
- Simple set-up for a post-production suite
- The power of sound design
- Working with a composer
- ADR, Foley, and music in your film
- Editing techniques
- Delivering to multiple platforms
Session 4: Releasing the Film
Now that post-production is done, the final step begins. Marketing and publicity are the secrets to independent film success.
- Social media promotion
- Creating an effective press release
- Distribution and marketing – the right way for micro budgets
- Targeting the right festivals with zero budget
- Looking out for film markets and buyers
- Understanding that story of the film sells above all
- that story of the film sells above all
Did you know?
- Raindance members save 20% on this course? You can join online >HERE< and start saving immediately
- This course is FREE for our HND students
- Raindance doesn’t teach screenwriting. Raindance makes screenwriters.
- The Raindance Guarantee: If this course fails to meet your expectations, let us know at the break and we will make a full, 100% no-questions-asked refund
*Final course cost is subject to currency conversion rate at the time of purchase.