At a glance
- Learn how to format a play
- Look into basic principles of writing action and urgency for theatre
- Taught by professional filmmakers
Ten-minute plays are a legitimate form of theatre that has proven highly popular with audiences around the world. Many of the most prominent playwrights of the modern Theatre have tried their hand at the ten-minute play. The natural time constraint imposed by the form has enhance the play writing , forcing playwrights to get the story moving quickly and keep dramatic action tight, encouraging actors to showcase their talents by playing multiple roles, and allowing audiences to enjoy a broad spectrum of theatre.
A popular anthology of ten-minute plays describes the genre this way: “A ten-minute play is a streak of theatrical lightning. It doesn’t last long, but its power can stand your hair on end.”
What you will learn
In a friendly and supportive environment, you will:
- How to write 10 pages each page one minute
- How to jump into your story
- Relate to the action of the play
- Give your play a sense of unity
- Creating Character and appropriate pacing
Who should attend?
- Everyone regardless of prior experience or training
- People who want to write but doesn’t know how to start
- People who are looking for help to create their own play project
What it will cover
How to write a Ten-minute play
If you are new to playwriting and want to practice playwriting, there is no better way than to learn how to write a ten-minute play. Not only is the piece short and sweet, but it makes it easy to practice over and over without wasting time. You can feel free to make errors, write dumb lines of dialogue, and tell a story that makes no sense all at the cost of 10 pages or so.
When writing a ten-minute play, any method can be used to brainstorm the standard parts of any story, such as the character. For best results, focus your brainstorm for a ten-minute play on the same things you would for a short story.
What will you achieve?
On completion of the Storytelling course, the student will have the skills, knowledge, and confidence to:
- Techniques for writing a ten-minute play
- How to ask questions before you start writing
- Use the play to answer the question asked
- Develop your character, conflict, and setting
- How to introduce the conflict early
- Develop your creativity and take risks
How will it be taught?
A mix of lecture-style, demonstration, brainstorming, and thinking out of the box, with practical instruction with tutor guidance.
Did you know?
- Raindance members save 20% on this course? You can join online >HERE< and start saving immediately
- This course is FREE for our HND students
- Raindance doesn’t teach screenwriting. Raindance makes screenwriters.
- The Raindance Guarantee: If this course fails to meet your expectations, let us know at the break and we will make a full, 100% no-questions-asked refund
*Final course cost is subject to currency conversion rate at the time of purchase.