11 Days hands-on learning and filmmaking in London
Want to make a film and don’t know where to start? The Hands-on Summer Film School is an intensive hands-on course hosted by the world famous Raindance Film Festival in the heart of London, taught by some of the industry’s top tutors how to write, produce and shoot your very own short film. Including workshops on writing, producing and directing a short film, 2-Day Directing Masterclass and 360/VR weekend where you will make a short VR film.
For consideration, APPLY HERE (Or call us 020 7930 3412 to discuss how the Summer Film School can enhance your career)
Who should attend Hands-On Summer Film School
Learn the fundamentals of filmmaking from production to post-production. You’ll have the chance to experiment with documentary, fiction, 360/VR and experimental filmmaking focusing on sound, lighting and editing.Raindance believes the best way to learn how to drive a car is to drive one! During this course you will make three short films.The practical skills you learn will help you launch a career in film or moving image.This course is suitable for you if you are applying for further study on the Raindance HND Level 5 in Moving Image, but does not guarantee entry.
- Current practices and context
- Documentary and fiction filmmaking
- Cameras and film skills
- Sound and lighting
- Special effects
- Film project
- Presentation and feedback
*there is also an excursion to the Pinewood Studios
- Understand editing basics enabling you to edit your own short films
- Master basic sound recording and editing techniques
- Learn how professional films are budgeted and scheduled
- Discover the tips professional filmmakers use to sell and distribute their films
- Have the confidence to make you own films.
Each of our tutors are working filmmakers who know how to teach.