At a glance:
- Get a handle on the explosion of online shortform content
- Kickstart your discovery of storytelling in the digital landscape.
- Presented by an expert in short form series development, production, and sales
Who should attend:
Visual storytellers in any moving image format, long or short, will benefit from the information and advice from this informative and entertaining session
What you will learn:
- Begin 2 steps ahead with fact-based analysis of the global short form series market
- Gain an understanding of key streaming platforms and business models
- Learn how to develop short form concepts strategically in both fiction and factual contexts
- Learn the skills to tackle unique marketing opportunities for your content
About the tutor
Based in Berlin, Germany, Meredith Burkholder began her career in New York City as a freelance producer for commercial photography and television.
A graduate of Boston University, she worked in nearly every major market across the United States for 10 years. She has worked alongside industry leading advertising agencies, production companies, and photographers on global campaigns for clients including American Express, Johnson & Johnson, Wal-Mart, Nestle, and Exxon Mobil – her television credits include projects for Lifetime, MTV, VH1, Oxygen, and the Food Network.
In 2011, she co-founded the marketing and production company, Et Tu Tableau, GbR. In 2015, she founded the first international digital series festival in Germany – Webfest Berlin. And in 2018, she founded her solo venture, Ensoki Productions GmbH.
She is also the co-author of Short, Narrative and Serialized: A Complete Guide to the Web Series Phenomenon (2019) with Joël Bassaget. Currently, she offers training and consultation on short form series development, production, and sales alongside regularly contributing as a speaker and moderator at TV series events around the world. In August 2020, she began her PhD research as part of the “Valuing Web Series” research study at the University of Wollongong.