At a glance
- The perfect film class series designed to teach you editing
- Meet fellow filmmakers and collaborate editing techniques
- Taught by professional filmmakers
Editing is the art, technique and practice of assembling shots into a coherent sequence. The purpose of every cut is to collapse time and to eliminate the unnecessary details to rightly convey what the subject is doing in the scene.
What it will cover
Editing Foundation certificate is designed to equip new film makers as well as budding visual storytellers with the skills, knowledge and tools to make them better in their content creation process.
- Introduction to editing
- Types of editing
- Rules in editing
- Purpose and types of transition
- Introduction to non-linear editing using adobe premiere
- Creating a rough cut according to a music tempo
- Effects and transitions essential.
- Creating cinematic edits using b-rolls with variable frame rates and speed ramps
- Color Correction and Color Grading Fundamentals
- Sound Design Fundamentals
- Titling and Info-graphics Basics
- Pro-tips to speed up your editing process and quickly lock your final cut
- Content delivery for various media platforms
What will you achieve?
Students will work through various editing processes using industry-standard tools and best practice.
How will you be taught?
A mix of lecture-style, demonstration, and also practical instruction with tutor guidance.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for those who wish to edit any type of video content such as short film, television commercial, music video, social media content etc.