Yes, London has broken: transport is mayhem, commuters are angry and people are walking like rouge torpedoes through the crowded streets. I call it Tube Strike Pain.
Sounds pretty grim, right?
The notion of the tube strike married with the timely release of the John Curran’s Tracks (An Australian epic about the story of a lone woman, three and a half camels, a canine sidekick and a big fat ol’ empty desert) is probably inspiring you to pack your bags and leave the big smoke.
Transport strikes are no fun, but, they do grant you some extra time here and there. When your sitting on the top deck of your halted bus contemplating names for your future camel, get a conversation going with Siri and ask her to locate some of these sites to kill some time.
They range from filmmaking, reviews and festival news.
Here’s what Raindance has been viewing:
1. Dazed Digital
Celebrating females in film is vital and Dazed Digital do an awesome job of it:
2. Richard Brody for The New Yorker
Brody offers his thoughts on nineties independent film makers:
3. Indie Wire : http://www.indiewire.com
4. Go Into Story : http://gointothestory.blcklst.com
5. No Film School : http://nofilmschool.com
The Vast Expanse: entering into the Independent World
6. Short of the Week: http://www.shortoftheweek.com/
7. Vice Films : http://www.vice.com/en_uk/film/
8. Film Riot : http://revision3.com/filmriot/
10. News Shooter: http://www.newsshooter.com/
11. Tribeca Film : https://tribecafilm.com/
12. Twitch Film : http://twitchfilm.com/
13. BAFTA : https://www.bafta.org/film/
14. BFI : http://www.bfi.org.uk/
15. The British Council: Film : http://film.britishcouncil.org/
16. National film Board Of Canada : https://www.nfb.ca/
Thinking about Film
17. The Av Club : http://www.avclub.com/
18. Filmmaker IQ: http://filmmakeriq.com/
19. Little White Lies : http://www.littlewhitelies.co.uk/
People of interest
20. Tom Guilmette: http://www.tomguilmette.com/what-i-do
21. Philip Bloom : http://philipbloom.net/
22. Sheri Candler : http://www.shericandler.com/
23. Jon Reiss : http://jonreiss.com/blog/
24. Roger Deakins : http://www.rogerdeakins.com
25. Vincent La Foret : http://blog.vincentlaforet.com/
So, there you have it. London’s transport tantrum may disrupt your entire working week and render you motionless for days, but, why worry?
Call your boss and explain that, despite your best efforts, you have to remain within the comfort of your own home in your fluffiest slippers because you’re scared of social unrest, general feelings of anarchy and, more specifically, buses. Slide that laptop on yours on to your bed and make your way through this plethora of sites dedicated to film.
Comment below with your best time-filling film sites.