The Raindance organization and the Raindance website is the fastest growing global community of independent filmmakers and film fans. Averaging 200,000 visitors a month, we'd like to give you access to this community. As a Member of Raindance, we welcome you to submit your article.
Here's the kind of article we are looking for:
- Geeky film tip articles about lenses, cameras, lights - with video accompaniment even better!
- Really geeky articles on how to make film gear cheap - Show, don't just tell!
- Craft articles like how to get good sound, light well, edit well etc
- Anything to do with new distribution methods
- Gaming (related to filmmaking)
- New product reviews
- New book reviews
- New film reviews
- Interviews with filmmakers
- Thought pieces on government or industry policy
Probably the best way to come up with an idea of how we choose articles is to look through our website and see what we have already written about.
Ways to structure your article:
The list approach: the 10 best screen kisses, the 3 fatal mistakes filmmakers make etc
The Ying and Yang approach: Express a myth, belief, practice in the film biz, then explode it!
The research approach: list your idea then back it up
- Between 500 and 1500 words
- Submitted as a Google Doc
- Include external links to a resource mentioned in your article
- Include a video/video link and cool pictures that can be included - (make sure you have the picture rights and include the picture credits )
- If you want to really impress us, send an Infographic or meme!
- Include an 800x400 image for which you own the rights
Here's what we won't publish:
- Flaming or slagging off ANYONE or ANY organisation
- Boring articles
- Blatant self-promotion
Please send your articles to: firstname.lastname@example.org in Google Doc format (.docx also accepted). We CANNOT accept PDF.
We'll get back to you within a few days.
The Raindance Team