Red Carpet Etiquette: Walk and Talk Like Movie Stars
September 11 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Have you ever wondered how stars manage to look so good walking the red carpet?
Did you know they are coached in red carpet etiquette by their PR people?
This year at TIFF you can learn first hand the secrets of being camera ready on the carpet. Interview veteran Elliot Grove and model Avaah Blackwell help you glam up and lead you through this pre-party tutorial. Take a rehearsed official red carpet walk at the inaugural Independent Filmmakers Ball at TIFF. Do the walk, strike a pose, and complete an on camera interview. We'll send you the sizzle reel!
After this intense pre-party session with Elliot and Avaah, spend the evening at our Raindance Indie Filmmaker's Ball.
What you will learn
Celebrity actors don't just know how to walk red carpets and do camera interviews - they're coached by a team of experts.
- 4 different stances for a red carpet photograph
- how to position yourself for maximum PR coverage
- how to use hand gestures
- 3 basic principals of answering reporter interview questions
- how to modulate your voice for maximum impact
- why acting yourself is the best policy (and the most difficult)
Who should attend
- those seeking photos and interview clips for their professional showreels
- people curious about professional red carpet etiquette techniques taught to the stars
- Torontonians just wanting to have a memorable night out in support of independent film
How it works
Avoid disappointment. Register now for Red Carpet Etiquette - space is limited.
When you register for this red carpet tutorial you will be sent a cheat sheet and a training video prepared by Raindance founder Elliot Grove. You will also receive an official invite to the first ever Independent Filmmakers Ball at TIFF on Monday 12th brought to you by Raindance Toronto.
Upon arrival you will be coached on how to have your photograph taken and will walk the red carpet and be photographed by a professional photographer. Raindance founder Elliot Grove, himself a red carpet veteran of over 50 red carpets, will coach you in how to best strike a pose. You'll be interviewed on camera and photos taken.
You receive a short video clip after the event (by email) for your own use!
Watch the official Independent Filmmakers Ball red carpet. And then you party!