Social Media for Actors
January 24 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
This info-packed session is available IN PERSON, LIVE ONLINE, and on VIDEO-ON-DEMAND.
In Europe and want to watch live online? Good news! This session starts at 12:30pm PST (Los Angeles time) and 8:30pm GMT (London time).
"Social media and how it should be deployed has become the singular most important element that filmmakers need to be addressed. Filmmakers who understand and utilize social media can give their films a ‘lift’ that could well mean the difference between commercial success and oblivion. Getting a film off the ground is a daunting task Understand and using social media to advantage is one way filmmakers can short cut the perilous path to commercial success."
ELLIOT GROVE, FOUNDER OF RAINDANCE FILM FESTIVAL
Social media is an integral part of getting your name as an actor our there. Most producers look at social media profiles of actors before they hire actors. It's not surprising to seeing social media influencers in movies these days. In this "Social Media for Actors" seminar, learn how you can leverage and grow your personal network into a professional network.
Being successful today in Hollywood means knowing how to build your own audience. This info-packed session demonstrates the most effective ways to create a consistent digital presence that will cut through the clutter and engage your fans.
- How do you construct the perfect tweet / post?
• What are analytics and how can it be used to promote your career?
• Which social media platforms are the most beneficial for actors and how do you maximise their effectiveness?
• 5 practical tools & tips for meaningful content generation
• The Rules of (social) Engagement
• 10 Steps to Grow your Social Media in 3 Months
- Halil Sevis works as the Marketing Consultant for Raindance LA, where he also organizes courses and events with Rough Diamond team. Sevis is also the Production Executive of Rough Diamond Productions, a major independent film production company founded in 1993 by Julia Verdin that crafts social message feature films that arouse compassion, guarantee entertainment, and foster participation. Sevis oversees day-to-day creative and business operations for Rough Diamond. Sevis has been working at Rough Diamond Productions since 2012. He works on development, production, and marketing of the feature films, and has recently worked on the recent theatrical release 2 Jacks, directed by Bernard Rose and starring Danny Huston, Jack Huston and Sienna Miller, and upcoming Rough Diamond films, Lost Girls, directed by Julia Verdin and starring Bar Paly, Marisol Nichols and Siena Goines, The Unwilling directed by Academy Award nominated directorJonathan Heap and starring David Lipper, Dina Meyer and Lance Henriksen.