- This event has passed.
Actors: Get Prepared for the Pilot Season
January 15 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Actors: Prepare for the Pilot Season is a unique members-only seminar/workshop that aims to give insights to both emerging and working actors on to how to negotiate their way through the acting business successfully and create necessary resources, materials, and communication strategies to maximize the chances of booking during and after this upcoming pilot season. This special event takes place in a workshop mode, where both the speaker and attendees give inputs.
- Preparation: Understanding and identifying the right roles for yourself
- How to keep on top of your Agent / Manager strategically
- Finding representation
- Tricks to getting noticed by Casting Directors, Agents and Managers
- Finding job opportunities without representation
- Useful tips for presentation materials: Headshots, Resumes, Demo Reels, IMDb Pages, Websites
- Secrets to successful auditions
- Getting the call-backs
- Things to DO and NOT DO about self-tapes
- Selecting the right Acting School(s) / Acting Class(es) / Casting Director Workshop(s)
- For Non-US Actors: the steps to take when coming to Hollywood and the best time to come
Not a member? Join here and get free access to our monthly industry mixers and private events.
Talent Manager / Producer - Julia Verdin
Julia Verdin has produced 33 films, many of which she has cast herself as well as casting and packaging films for others. She has produced such films as 2 Jacks, The Merchant of Venice , Riding the Bullet and Stander.
In addition to producing films, Verdin has managed top talent for 18 years and placed them in studio and independent films, and top TV shows and has given many top name actors their first break in Hollywood. As well as producing her own movies through her production company Rough Diamond Productions, she has been a Producer or Executive Producer on other filmmakers' projects making her well versed in all aspects of film production and getting a film financed, packaging with talent and getting it sold.
Verdin also has a consulting business and consults for individuals and companies on scripts, film projects and all aspects of filmmaking. She speaks regularly on film panels and seminars and for organizations including Women In Film, BAFTA, IIFF-LA and various film festivals.