- This event has passed.
Live! Ammunition! Pitching Competition
February 12, 2016 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Live! Ammunition! - Pitching Competition
We’ve teamed up with Final Draft to host our Berlinale Live! Ammunition! script pitching competition hosted by Elliot Grove and special guests at HomeBase Lounge on Friday 12th February!
Your chance to pitch your movie idea directly to a panel of top film executives. These are the people who matter. They are the people who buy scripts - they are the people who decide what will be made and what won't.
To pitch, just drop a fiver in the hat, and the floor is yours. You have two minutes to convince the panelists to read your script or make your film. They can and will gong you off if you are boring! The winner gets all the cash! AND the winner and two runners up will receive free Final Draft software and a goodie bag!
Event language: English
To pitch, just drop a fiver in the hat, and the floor is yours. You have two minutes to convince the panelist to read your script or make your film. They can and will gong you off if you are boring!
A Few Tips
›› Don't read from cards. It destroys eye contact
›› Sell the sizzle, not the steak
›› Be brief, don't be boring
›› Be entertaining
Price? FREE - but it's €5.00 in the hat if you want to pitch
Peter joined IMDb then and amicably left IMDb in April 2009 to pursue activities as an independent, and today he is a guest blogger on SydneysBuzz which is on Indiewire covering the international independent film business.
UCLA graduate and alumna from Berlinale Talent, she was nominated for Best UK Feature Film with The Quiet Hour, available for sale at the 2015 European Film Market during the Berlinale.
Rahmat has over 15 years in the film industry having started as a buyer/distributor for a leading independent distribution company in Malaysia. Adam's primary focus is on creating commercially successful independent feature films as both a producer and writer.
Olga established CREA Promotion agency, with the main niche film festivals organisation and independent films development on international market. Currently participating in several international projects both in marketing and film niches. Organiser for the"Shakespeare Lives in Films" festival in cooperation with British Council and British Ministry in Latvia.
MARTIN MUSER is a screenwriter, dramaturge and lecturer. He has written more than 60 screenplays for German television, is the author of several novels and has worked as a script editor for many national and international projects (feature films, TV-movies and TV-series). Co-founder of Berlin-based production company Rot-Film.
Past Panelists Include
* Ewan MacGregor, actor
* Robert Jones (UK Film Council)
* Charles Steel, producer (Last King of Scotland)
* Menhaj Huda, director (Kidulthood)
* Elisar Cabrera, international film sales agent (High Point Films)
* Jim Wilson, producer (Shaun of the Dead)
* Matthew Dench, talent agent, (Dench Arnold)
* Dean Goldberg (Park Caledonia)
* Michael Cowan (Spice Factory)
* Richard Elfman, Producer, Director, Actor, Writer
* Jeremy Wooding (Bollywood Queen)
* Penny Woolcock (The Principles of Lust)
* Sarah Gavron (This Little Life)
* Norma Heyman, producer
* Richard Holmes, producer (Gruber Films)
* Brock Norman Brock (The Film Council)
* Roger Corman, Producer
* Lloyd Kaufman, Producer, Actor, Director, Writer
* Shane Meadows Director/Writer (28 Days Later, This Is England)
* Nik Powell (Scala Films)
* Seamus McGarvey-Award winning cinematographer of The Hours
* Anna Thomas - Producer of Oscar nominated 'El Norte' and 'Frida'
* Matthew Vaughan- Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch
* Coline Woodcock (Kuhn and Co)
* Ed King, Development (Rocket Pictures)
* Steve Gaydos Editor, (Variety)
* Antonia Bird - Director, (Ravenous, Face, Mad Love, Priest)
* Tracey Scoffield-Head of Development and Exec Producer BBC Films
* Morwenna Banks - Writer/Actress, (The Announcement)
* Leslee Udwin - Producer, (East is East, The One and Only)
* Nahrein Mirza - Head of Development, (Littlebird Pictures)